Aesthetic Dentistry (Test Only)
Implant Dentistry at a Glance
Chapter 1 Smile Dimensions
- Compare the two levels of aesthetics.
- Discuss the importance of aesthetics related to color and size,
- Define the golden proportion.
- Describe black triangles.
- Describe a pleasing smile
- Discuss replacement of gingival tissue.
- List several moral issues when discussing treatment for an “ideal smile.”
Chapter 2 Shade and Color
- Define hue, chroma, value and color sphere.
- Discuss the color variances of teeth.
- State several methods of selecting the right shade.
- Describe the computer-based shade-taking systems
Chapter 3 Bleaching and Microabrasion
- Define bleaching and microabrasion.
- Compare localized and generalized tooth discoloration.
- Discuss how trauma changes the color of a tooth.
- Discuss methods of superficial stain removal.
- Discuss speckled mottling and brown mottling.
- Compare hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide.
- Discuss research on bleaching of tooth surfaces.
- List side effects of bleaching.
- Compare indications and contraindications to vital bleaching.
- Discuss the clinical technique for bleaching and the recommended review appointment routine.
- Describe the “walking technique” used in non-vital bleaching.
- Discuss the technique for non-vital bleaching.
- State the advantages and side effects of bleaching a non-vital tooth.
- Describe a vacuum-formed splint.
- Describe several other bleaching techniques.
Chapter 4 Laminate Resin Composite Techniques
- Compare advantages and disadvantages of directly placed resin composites.
- State the clinical stages for small and moderately sized restorations.
- Discuss polishing techniques for a restoration.
- State the clinical stages for restoring the size and shape of the teeth.
Chapter 5 Porcelain Laminate Techniques
- Compare the indications and contraindications for porcelain laminate veneers.
- Compare advantages and disadvantages of porcelain laminate veneers.
- List the nine stages of tooth preparation for porcelain laminate veneers.
- Describe a luting procedure.
- List the finishing and maintenance procedures
Chapter 6 Technical and Laboratory Considerations
- Compare metal ceramic crowns and all-ceramic crowns.
- Discuss tooth preparation for a crown.
- Describe the four systems used to produce metal-free restorations.
- Compare the two types of provisional crowns, the resin replica technique and preformed provisional crowns.
Chapter 7 Aesthetic Compromises and Dilemmas
- Discuss informed consent.
- State why porcelain laminate veneers fail.