Student Course Evaluation Form
We constantly strive to improve the quality and usefulness of our Internet study courses toward your continuing education. We ask that you fill out this questionnaire as part of the course assignment. This will allow us to monitor the quality of our program and make it responsive to your needs.
Please provide the following contact information:
- Understand the process of addiction and the symptoms of each stage.
- Explain how denial affects the substance abuser.
- Understand the importance of rituals in a substance abuser’s life.
- Describe the physiological effect of alcohol on all organs and major systems of the body.
- Describe the symptoms of withdrawal.
- Develop a nursing plan for the substance-abuser patient.
- Explain four myths about alcoholism.
- List five characteristics of the substance abuser.
- Describe the characteristics of a co-dependent.
- Have knowledge of the different kinds of treatment programs that are available.
- Describe how the intervention process is carried out.
- Describe the behavior in a dysfunctional family.
- Describe the progression of recovery.
- Describe a child’s development in a dysfunctional household.
- Explain the concept of relapse.
- Process of Addiction
- Biological and Physiological Factors
- Drug of Choice
- Medical Complications
- High-Risk Factors for Substance Abuse
- Myths and Misconceptions
- Cultural and Social Factors
- Behavioral Factors
- Effects of Substance Abuse on the Family
- Treatment of Substance Abuse
The Chemical Dependency Care Package
References and Bibliography
1993 National Household Survey on Substance Abuse