Product Guide to Skin & Wound Care (Test Only)
- Describe an alginate.
- List the types of wounds that benefit from alginate.
- State advantages and disadvantages of alginates.
- Describe the agents used in antimicrobial dressings.
- List the actions of gauze products with antimicrobial properties.
- State indications for antimicrobial dressings.
- List the disadvantages of antimicrobials.
Cellular and Tissue-Based Products
- Define an autologous skin graft.
- Describe a zenograft.
- Describe the four bioengineered skin substitutes.
- Discuss the Kerecis product (acellular fish skin).
- Describe collagen.
- State advantages and disadvantages of collagen.
- List the indications for DermaCol 100.
- Describe the distinct features of composite dressings.
- List several of composites.
- State the disadvantage of a composite dressing
- Describe OPSITE Post-Op composite dressing.
- Discuss the action and indications for Stratasorb.
- Describe the action of contact layers.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of contact layers.
- Discuss the action and indications for ComfiTel.
- State the actions for Silflex Silicone Contact Layer.
- State the action of Collagenase Santyl Ointment.
- List the actions of foam.
- State the advantages of foam.
- List the contraindications for all Hydrophilic Foam dressings.
- State the application of the Aquacel Foam ProWound dressing.
- List the removal steps for the Hydrofera Blue Ready antibacterial foam dressing.
- State the action and contraindications of the Mepilex Absorbent Foam dressing.
- State the common contraindications for all Optifoam Gentle dressings. ( pgs. 269-274)
- Discuss the action of PolyMem and PolyMem Max Film Adhesive dressings.
- State the indications for Shapes by Polymem tube dressings. (pgs. 310 and 311)
- State the actions of 3M Dressings. (pgs. 323 and 325)
- Discuss the actions of hydrocolloids.
- List advantages and disadvantages of hydrocolloids.
- Describe the application for DermaFilm hydrocolloids. (pgs 334-336)
- State the action of the DuoDerm Control Gel Formula dressing.
- Describe the four types of Exuderm.
- State indications and contraindications for the three types of Replicare dressings.
- Describe the action of the Restore dressings. ((pgs. 350-353)
- Describe the Triad Hydrophilic Wound dressing.
- Describe the two ways Tegaderm dressings support wound management.
- State the action of hydrogels.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of hydrogels.
- State several features of Anasept Antimicrobial Skin and Wound gel.
- List the indications and contraindications for Carrasyn products.
- Compare DermaGauze, DermaGel Hydrogel Sheets and DermaSyn.
- State the actions of Elasto-Gel Island.
- State the properties and uses for Gold Dust.
- Describe the action of Hydrogel and Hydrogel Gauze. (pgs. 374,375)
- List the actions and contraindications for Prontosan Wound Gel X.
- Discuss the action of Skintegrity Amorphous Hydrogel.
Negative-Pressure Wound Therapy
- Describe the three parts of the NPWT system.
- State the actions and removal procedure for Prevena Incision Management System.
- List actions and application procedures for V.A.C. therapy.
- Describe the actions for five types of V.A.C. Therapy dressings.
- State the actions of V.A.C. VERAFLOW Therapy.
- State the action of speciality absorptive dressings.
- List the actions and application steps for Sofsorb Wound Dressing.
Surgical Supplies, Miscellaneous
- Discuss the action and applications of therahoney.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of transparent films.
- Describe the removal steps for DermaView dressings. (pgs. 444 and 447)
- Describe DXWound.
- Compare the Flexi-Seal Protect Fecal Management System and the Flex-Seal Signal Fecal Management System. (pgs. 444 and 447
- State the actions and contraindications of the Tennant Biomodulator Plus.