Pain Management (Michigan Mandatory)
Student Course Evaluation Form
We constantly strive to improve the quality and usefulness of our Internet study courses toward your continuing education. We ask that you fill out this questionnaire as part of the course assignment. This will allow us to monitor the quality of our program and make it responsive to your needs.
Please provide the following contact information:
After completing this course you’ll be able to:
- Compare acute and chronic pain.
- Describe the three types of headaches.
- Describe the various types of neuropathic pain.
- List the one common cause of sciatica.
- Define ischemia, as it relates to vascular disease.
- Describe biofeedback.
- Describe hypnosis.
- Discuss surgical treatment for pain.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: The Universal Disorder
- A Brief History of Pain
- The Two Faces of Pain: Acute and Chronic
- The A to Z of Pain
- How is Pain Diagnosed?
- How is Pain Treated?
- What is the Role of Age and Gender in Pain?