Overcoming Binge Eating (Test Only)
Student Course Evaluation Form
We constantly strive to improve the quality and usefulness of our Internet study courses toward your continuing education. We ask that you fill out this questionnaire as part of the course assignment. This will allow us to monitor the quality of our program and make it responsive to your needs.
Please provide the following contact information:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define binge eating and distinguish it from overeating.
- Identify 6 characteristics of a binge.
- Describe the frequency and duration of binges in patients with bulimia nervosa.
- List 12 triggers of binges.
- Provide classification and description of binge eating problems.
- Recount the epidemiology of binge eating and bulimia nervosa.
- Describe the psychological and social problems associated with binge eating.
- Describe the three types of dieting and their psychological effects.
- Describe the personality characteristics of people who binge.
- Describe the physical problems associated with binge eating.
- Discuss the complex relationship between obesity, dieting and binge eating.
- Describe the adverse physical effects of self-induced vomiting.
- Identify the psychological, social, and physical factors that might be causes of binge eating.
- List similarities and differences between binge eating and substance abuse.
- Describe the application of the addiction model, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, to the treatment of binge eating.
- Evaluate the use of antidepressant drugs in the treatment of binge eating.
- Describe the core elements of the cognitive-behavioral approach to the treatment of binge eating.
- Describe step-by-step the self-help program for those who binge eat.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: What Is a Binge?
Chapter 2: Binge Eating, Eating Disorders, and Obesity
Chapter 3: Who Binges?
Chapter 4: Psychological and Social Problems Associated With Binge Eating
Chapter 5: Physical Problems Associated With Binge Eating
Chapter 6: Causes of Binge Eating Problems
Chapter 7: Binge Eating and Addiction
Chapter 8: Treatment of Binge Eating Problems
Part II: A Self-Help Program For Those Who Binge