Ohio Nursing Practice Act (Ohio Mandatory)
Student Course Evaluation Form
We constantly strive to improve the quality and usefulness of our Internet study courses toward your continuing education. We ask that you fill out this questionnaire as part of the course assignment. This will allow us to monitor the quality of our program and make it responsive to your needs.
After completing this course you’ll be able to:
- Define 6 components of registered nursing care.
- Define 4 components of nursing practice by an LVN.
- List 5 prohibitions against nursing practice enunciated by the Board of Nursing.
- Describe the circumstances under which an LVN can administer IV therapy.
- Describe the conditions of renewal of a nursing license.
- Describe the continuing education requirements that an active nurse has to follow.
- Identify conduct by a nurse that would invite disciplinary action by the Board.
- List various exemptions from licensure requirement.
- Identify individuals who are required to notify the Board of Nursing the name of a nurse whose conduct may be grounds for disciplinary action.
- Describe standards of safe nursing practice.
Table of Contents
Ohio Nurse Practice Act
- Practice as an RN
- Practice as an LPN
- Prohibited Practice
- IV Therapy by Licensed Practical Nurses
- Intravenous Therapy Procedures
- Intravenous Procedures That May be Performed by an LPN Who Is Not Authorized by the Board to Perform Intravenous Therapy
- Renewal of License
- Continuing Education
- Inactive License
- Disciplinary Action
- Exemptions from Licensure Requirement
- Mandatory Reporting
- Standards of Safe Nursing Practice as a Registered Nurse
- Standards of Competent Practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse