Natural Healing (Test Only)l
The Most Authoritative and Useful Reference on Natural Health Available
The Complete Guide to Natural Healing shows how to prevent and treat more than 120 common illnesses and maintain overall health using natural remedies. Here is a wealth of information, presented in an easy-to-use, A to Z format:
How natural medicine works:
An overview of natural healing, including diet and nutrition, herbalism, homeopathy, Chinese medicine (including acupuncture and the Chinese tools for healing), bodywork, exercise massage, plus advice on how to choose a holistic health practitioner
How to prevent and treat illness:
Summaries of 120 common symptoms, illnesses and disorders, including the common cold, allergies, bronchitis, heat disease, and more? followed by an array of treatment options from Western, orthodox medicine and traditional, holistic medicine
How to maintain overall health:
A holistic approach to maintaining overall health? as well as strengthening specific organs and systems such as bladder, heart and circulation, lungs, stomach and kidneys – before illness can occur
Also includes: index and reputable mail-order sources for high quality herbs, supplements, homeopathic medicines, herbal foods, and other remedies
Tom Monte, a best selling health writer, is the author of Staying Young; World Medicine: East West Guide to Healing Your Body; Recalled by Life: The Story of My Recovery from Cancer (with Anthony J. Sattilaro, M.D.); and other books about health. His work appears in many of the nation’s leading magazines and newspapers. Natural Health is the leading magazine on alternative health care, herbology, bodywork, personal growth, and natural foods.
Student Course Evaluation Form
We constantly strive to improve the quality and usefulness of our Internet study courses toward your continuing education. We ask that you fill out this questionnaire as part of the course assignment. This will allow us to monitor the quality of our program and make it responsive to your needs.
- Symptoms, disorders and illnesses: from acne, allergies, atherosclerosis, breast cancer to depression, diabetes, immune disorders to menopause, osteoporosis, psoriasis, thyroid and yeast infections.
- Treat over 100 different conditions using natural healing tools, disciplines and practices, such as nutrition, Chinese medicine, exercise, herbalogy and homeopathy.
- Practice disease prevention and promote health maintenance of individual organs, such as bladder, gallbladder, heart, immune system, kidney, liver reproductive systems, small intestine, skin and stomach.
- Describe the history of traditional medicine in the United States.
- Contrast natural medicine with traditional medicine in terms of side effects or toxic effects caused by their use.
- Describe the contrasting approach to the human body taken by the orthodox and traditional medicines.
- Describe the life force as understood in each form of traditional medicine.
- Explain the concept of balance as represented by yin and yang in the Chinese form of traditional medicine.
- Enumerate various studies that have validated the use of foods, herbs and physical therapies in promoting healing.
- Describe the trend toward the use of natural medicine in the Western world.
Table of Contents
|Anal Itching||Heart Disease|
|Angina||Heavy Metal Poisoning|
|Blood Cholesterol||Hyperactive Children|
|Body Odor||Immune Disorders|
|Bursitis||Influenza or Flu|
|Cervical Dysplasia||Kidney Disease|
|Cold Sores||Knee Problems|
|Colitis||Low Back Pain|
|Colon Cancer||Memory Disturbances|
|Crohn’s Disease||Multiple Sclerosis|
|Cystitis and Urethritis||Osteoporosis|
|Dental Fillings||Parkinson’s Disease|
|Depression||Poison Ivy and Poison Oak|
|Diabetes||Polyps of the Colon|
|Diverticulitis and Diverticulosis||Psoriasis|
|Earache and Ear Infection||Sore Throat|
|Enuresis of Bed-wetting||Stroke|
|Fatigue||Teeth and Gum Disease|
|Fever||Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome|
|Fibrocystic Breast Disease||Thyroid Disorders|
|Fibroid Tumors or the Uterus||Tonsillitis and Adenitis|
|Fungal Infections of the Skin||Ulcer|
|Gallbladder Disease||Vaginal Discharge|
|Halitosis||Wounds, Cuts, Abrasions|