After completing this course you’ll be able to:
- Identify the main issues surrounding evolution of the case management role in the past decade.
- Describe the purpose of case management practice guidelines in setting the course for future case management role success.
- Describe three types of general guidelines pertinent to case management practice.
- Describe the 10 most important trends in U.S. healthcare.
- Describe the impact of aging Baby Boomers during the future of healthcare and implications for case management practice.
- Examine the technological, Biotechnological, and cyberspace trends in healthcare and implications for case management.
- Identify the impact of healthcare financing, organizational costs, and bankruptcies of healthcare providers on case management practice.
- Describe key changes anticipated in healthcare insurance trends.
- Describe the changes in healthcare delivery models, staffing shortages, and impact on case management and patient needs.
- Case Management Role Evaluation
- Boomers Go Forth
- Technological, Biotechnological, and Cyberspace Trends
- Healthcare Costs – Losses & Gains
- Healthcare Finance and Insurance Changes
- Care Delivery Models and Shortages, and Sequalae
- Complementary Medicine Boom
“I found material in course informative and relevant to trends in the medical professions past, present and probable in the future.” – C.D., Long Beach, CA.
“Enjoyed this course. I found it to be very helpful in my job.” – C.L., Modesto, CA