| Course Outlines and Objectives |
Nurse's Guide to Psychiatric And Mental Health Care
10 Contact Hours
by Linda Carman Copel, RN, MSN, PhD
After completing this course, you'll be able to communicate effectively with psychiatric patients, make appropriate nursing diagnoses, explain probable etiologies, set long-and short-term goals, and provide interventions with rationales.
1. Treatment modalities and therapeutic communication
2. Disorders first evident in infancy, childhood and adolescence
3. Delirium, dementia and amnestic disorders
4. Substance-related disorders, schizophrenia
5. Mood, anxiety, somatoform, dissociate, eating, adjustment and personality disorders
6. Homeless, abused and HIV-AIDS patient
7. Includes all the new DSM-IV classifications
Click here to buy this course.